We are always excited about meeting new patients during their first visit to our orthodontic office. The initial visit will allow us to get acquainted and to answer any and all of your questions. During this important 30-minute visit, we hope to make the initial exam as informative as possible so that you can get a clear idea about what you or your child’s orthodontic treatment would entail. Although a referral is not required to schedule this appointment, we will work closely with your family dentist to assure complete orthodontic care.
At your first visit, Dr. Anthony Farrow will observe the position of your teeth and check for problems such as crowded or missing teeth, submerged primary teeth, protruding upper and lower teeth and jaws, overbite, crossbite or painful joints. This information will be used to give you a preliminary idea of the problems that may be present. During the initial examination for each patient, we will address the following questions that cover the basics of orthodontic treatment.
- Is there a condition that orthodontics can address?
- Is treatment needed now or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption or other factors have occurred?
- What treatment procedures will be used to correct the problem?
- Do any permanent teeth need to be removed?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will it cost?
- What are my payment options?
We know your time is valuable, so if treatment is recommended we may also reserve time following the exam for diagnostic records. The records appointment will last approximately 30-minutes and usually includes the following:
- Exam/Health History
- Impressions of your teeth and bite for study models
- Additional X-ray’s
- Digital Photos of the face and teeth
Once the records have been taken, the doctor will be able to give his final diagnosis and treatment plan. While he can often answer these general questions about treatment during the initial examination, we will address specific areas after careful analysis of the diagnostic records. We feel it is important to analyze each patient’s specific needs, because in-depth planning leads to superior results and higher patient satisfaction.
We will then schedule a consultation visit to discuss treatment options, time frames and financial arrangements. We insist that our patients leave the office with a clear understanding of their specific needs, what the treatment will consist of and how long it will take. Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your first visit:
- Any panoramic X-ray taken within the past six months.
- If you have orthodontic insurance, bring your insurance card. By providing this information at the first visit, we will be able to give you an estimate of your costs.
- New Patient Forms – You can fill these forms on-line by clicking HERE or alternatively download these forms by clicking HERE