An orthodontist can help improve the look and health of your smile by straightening your teeth and aligning your bite. The work is more than cosmetic because crooked or crowded teeth, overbites and underbites can lead to tooth decay, gum disease and even tooth loss. The pros at Farrow Orthodontics are here to help you find a top orthodontist in West Oak Lane, PA.
Why Should I See an Orthodontist?
General dentists often perform minor orthodontic treatments, but orthodontists like Dr. Anthony Farrow are specialists in the field. In addition to completing four years of dental school, orthodontists continue their education with two to three years of focused study. Orthodontists use braces, trays (also called aligners), retainers and appliances like headgear to help correct dental issues. One of the latest developments in orthodonture is Invisalign, which are clear, removable braces or aligners that have revolutionized the industry by adding a comfortable, more attractive option. Dr. Anthony Farrow has helped hundreds of patients in West Oak Lane, PA, like you improve their smiles with Invisalign.
Can Adults See an Orthodontist, Too?
Orthodonture isn’t just for children and teens. According to the American Association of Orthodontists, one in five orthodontic patients is an adult, typically ranging in age from 26 to 44.
Tips to Find the Best Orthodontist in West Oak Lane, PA
- The first step in finding the best orthodontist in West Oak Lane, Pennsylvania, is to ask around. See if your dentist, physician or your child’s pediatrician have any recommendations. Get referrals from your family, coworkers and friends. Ask specifics about their personal experiences.
- Look for an orthodontist with professional credentials, like Dr. Anthony Farrow in West Oak Lane, Pennsylvania. Orthodontics specialists are certified by organizations, including the American Association of Orthodontists or the American Board of Orthodontics. Most orthodontists will include their professional affiliation on their business cards, logo or stationary. Don’t be afraid to ask the receptionist, office manager or doctor for verification.
- Use your research to narrow your search to three orthodontists and look online for more information about each of them. Also do some general research to learn about orthodontics and common procedures, like the benefits of braces and Invisalign. Write down any questions you have before you have a face-to-face discussion with an orthodontist. Bring the list with you to make sure you cover each topic. It’s easy to get overwhelmed and forget to ask something during an initial visit.
- Check out the technology in the office. Does the orthodontist use paperless records and digital X-rays? Is the doctor up on the latest innovations in the field, like Invisalign? You want an orthodontist who takes the time and money to upgrade the practice to remain at the forefront of orthodontics. Dr. Anthony Farrow in West Oak Lane, PA, is a top orthodontist in the region.
- Orthodontics work is very personal. Make sure you are comfortable with the orthodontist and the office staff. Orthodontics requires time. Active treatment could be 2 to 2 1/2 years and you could need up to 2 years of retention follow-up. You need to feel at ease in the office and trust your doctor. Dr. Anthony Farrow offers friendly and caring service to every client in West Oak Lane, PA.
- Scheduling a consultation, often free or relatively inexpensive, is the best way to know if you are making the right decision. The orthodontist will do a panoramic X-ray, take photographs and measurements and ask about your medical history. At this point, you should get suggestions on the best treatment options, like Invisalign, and costs and a timeline for the process.
How Do I Get Started?
Dr. Anthony Farrow is here to help you determine the best orthodontist in West Oak Lane, PA that can meet your orthodontic needs. To find out more information or to schedule your initial consultation with Dr. Farrow, don’t hesitate to contact Farrow Orthodontics today!